TBM 444: What a Workplace Can’t Promise
In other posts, I’ve written about the distinction between “the work” and “the workplace.” I want to dig a little more into what makes workplaces unique.
Reading Radar
Explore Agile, ways of working and practical AI for teams. Find recent articles from six sources, then follow an idea back to its author.
Read our perspectiveIn other posts, I’ve written about the distinction between “the work” and “the workplace.” I want to dig a little more into what makes workplaces unique.
In this post, I’m going to share ten career traps thoughtful people often find themselves ensnared in.
Imagine a stereotypical product workflow.
Personality and “strength” tests at work have never sat right with me.
Accelerating value delivery is not simply about adding tools or mandating new frameworks; it requires deliberate organizational design. By using Enabling teams to upskill product teams and linking their insights to Platform innovation through the ETAP dynamic, engineering leaders can systematically reduce cognitive load, eliminate central bottlenecks, and empower teams to deliver fast flow at scale.
I recently started a new job, which means I’m spending a lot of my time trying to figure out how everything works: the product, the workflows, the history, the people, the artifacts, and all the context that everyone else has accumulated over time.
Why organizations are often more diverse in belief than they appear to be in behavior
Here’s an area where I am optimistic about AI (for now, at least).
A transition week with back to school and some other (soon to be shared) exciting news.
If people measure AI adoption success by construction volume - how much code we generate or how many documents we churn out - they are setting ourselves up for systemic failure. AI forces us to move past "construction boundaries" and instead establish clear boundaries around the stewardship of value flow and human accountability. By using Team Topologies to manage human cognitive load, restrict AI context windows, and enforce human accountability, we can unlock the true, safe, and sustainable potential of the AI-native era.
Follow the ideas
These articles belong to their original authors. Summaries help you choose what to read; visit the original for the full context.
COME TAKE A LOOK
Curious? Join the waitlist and see how we welcome your team.
Tell us a little about your team. We’ll explain the next steps and invite you when we have capacity for your workspace.
Join waitlist Start with your email. No payment needed to join.